I know we all want that flawless beautiful skin on all days. But to admit even most stunning of us sometimes have dark circles for which we eventually have to rely on concealers. I bet they do a wonderful job at hiding any under eye dark circles but in the end we all want to go au natural.
Dark cirles are disturbing but they are as common and people of any age, gender and ethnicity can have it. The causes varies like:
- Low Hemoglobin levels : This one is really important. Many of the women doesn’t even know they are anemic. If you are a vegan or vegetarian please make sure you get your CBP test done and consult with a doctor to make sure you are not anemic. Low hemoglobin level is a big reason for many hair and skin related problems.
- Stress and lack of proper sleep : Believe it or not but a proper 8 hours of good night’s sleep is really important to get our body all ready for next day’s long work. Skin around eye area is really sensitive and a good sleep ensures our eyes are all rested well.
- Long computer hours : Being a software professional I know very well that many of us can’t really help with this. However we can compensate by applying a cooling eye mask made with cucumber and aloevera to give our eyes the required care. Also please ensure that you wear an anti-glare UV protection spectacles (zero power if no eyesight problem) while using computer for long hours.
- Hyper-pigmentation : Many people have hyper-pigmentation around eye area. This can be easily cured with some home remedies or one can even visit a dermatologist for a through root cause analysis and treatment.
- Lack or improper diet : Please ensure that your daily intake of vitamins, minerals and protein are met with your diet. Lack of iron in your diet can certainly result in decrease in hemoglobin levels which can result to a multitude of problems like hair fall, lack of luster in skin and under eye dark circles.
Please take a look below for some of the simple home remedies to get rid of dark circle. I will be glad to know your experience, so please drop a message for me if it helps you in any way.
- Almond oil : Daily application of 1-2 drops of almond oil around your eye area before bedtime can really help you get rid or hyper-pigmentation plus it can make your eye lashes and eyebrows really long and beautiful. So maybe goodbye to mascaras 😀
- Cucumber and Aloevera Eye Mask : Take around an inch of cucumber and make a paste in a blender. Add some aloevera gel to it and keep it in your fridge. Everyday before bedtime apply this cool paste on your eyes for about 15-20 minuted and your eyes will certainly feel relaxed. PS: I will recommend to make a eye patch by placing the mask in a tissue paper and then apply on your eyelids.
- Rose Water : Rose water helps in rejuvenating skin and is well known for its beauty qualities. It can also be used to get rid of dark circles fast. Just soak cotton balls in rose water and place them on the dark circles. Leave for 15 minutes and wash with cold water later. Repeat every night for a month for best results.
- Lemon or Orange juice : Since these contain Vitamin C and have astringent properties for skin, these are really helpful in getting rid of dark circles. Just take round a table spoon of orange or Lemon Juice and dip a cotton ball into it. Apply this around your eyes and wash off after 15 minutes.